Getting Started in VandySafe
Supported Operating Systems and Browsers
- On a Windows computer, supported browsers include Internet Explorer and Firefox (www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/).
- On a MAC computer, the supported browser is Firefox (www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/). Safari is not supported.
Log on to VandySafe to take online training:
- Go to www.vandysafe.com.
- Click on "Click here to login using your VUNet ID."
- Login using your VUNET ID and epassword.
- You will see Assignments listed on the "Home" tab if training has been assigned to you.
If you do not know your VUnet id or password:
Your VUnet id is the same user name that you use to access your Vanderbilt email. If you do not currently have email, go to the ePassword Identity Manager web page (its.vanderbilt.edu/epassword) to activate your VUnet id. When you have completed this process, you will learn your VUnet id. If you need further assistance with your VUNet ID or password, call the University Help Desk at 343-1631 or the Medical Center Help Desk at 343-4357.
Print the Diploma To Document Your Training:
- When all of the items within a course are completed, you will be able to print a DIPLOMA for any assignment which has the diploma option enabled. Because self-assigned training is not treated as mandatory within VandySafe, the Diploma may not be available for self-assigned training.
- Print your diploma: While on the Home tab, look under Assignments and select Completed in the dropdown menu. Next, click on the title of the completed assignment for which you would like to print a diploma. This will enable the so that the Reprint Diploma button so that it is no longer grayed out. Finally, click on the Reprint Diploma button.
- The "Diploma" is in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file format and your computer must have either Acrobat or the Acrobat Reader program in order to open the file. The Acrobat Reader program is available free from the Adobe web site.
Get help with VandySafe
- Consult the VandySafe FAQ www.safety.vanderbilt.edu/training/vandysafe/vandysafe-faq.php to find answers to several common questions.
- Send a description of your problem to email@example.com.